Here are measures we’re taking at the Garden to provide the best possible experience while working to keep our staff and campers safe and healthy.
- As an outisde-based camp, all activities will take place outside under a tent.
- Alaska Botanical Garden is committed to following all state and local public health guidelines.
- All staff and campers will complete a daily health screening prior to arriving at the Garden.
- All staff and campers will be required to wear face masks while at camp. Parents/guardians will be required to wear face masks during drop off/pick up.
- Social distancing will be encouraged during all aspects of camp and will be emphasized during snack and lunch breaks.
- Handwashing will take place when a participant arrives on-site, before and after using shared materials, before and after eating, after using the restroom. Outdoor handwashing stations will be available at camp.
- Participants will be assigned an area to store their personal belongings and will be assigned individual materials that will be available only to them for the duration of their camp week. Campers will wash their hands before and after using shared group materials.