Current Position Openings:
Nursery, Retail, & Horticultural
Special Projects Manager
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Status:Part Time Fall & Winter, Full Time Spring & Summer
Application deadline: August 31, 2014
Target start date: September, 2014
The Alaska Botanical Garden is seeking an experienced plant nursery manager with a strong Alaska horticultural background, to continue the development of our Shop-in-the-Garden into a thriving retail destination. Applicants should have familiarity with Alaskan plants and unique hardy perennials to grow the nursery and gift shop into a sustainable revenue stream in support of the Garden's non-profit mission.
Horticulturists, Master Gardeners, and Garden Designers are encouraged to apply. Position is part time during Fall and Winter months, and full time during Spring and Summer. To apply, send resume and letter of interest via e-mail (.pdf format only) - no phone calls please. Due to the expected large volume of applications, only finalist applicants will be contacted for follow-up interviews.
- BA / BS in Horticulture or Master Gardener certification
- 3-5 years of nursery or garden center management experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong inventory, merchandising, sales, and supervisory experience
- Solid depth of understanding about botanic gardens in biodiversity
preservation, education, and research
- Strong facility and supervisory skills
- Project management expertise
Submit a resume, letter of application, and three
professional references, via e-mail only, in .pdf format only, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this position should be directed to Executive Director Julianne McGuinness: email@example.com
No Phone Calls, Please!